Monday, May 16, 2016

Knowing Evil 27

The Eternal Quest
🔻🔺
































Hence a person of purified soul should be merciful to all living creatures. That man, O king, who abstains from every kind of meat from his birth forsooth, acquires a large space in the celestial region.

They who eat the flesh of animals who are desirous of life, are themselves [later] eaten by the animals they eat. This is my opinion. Since he has eaten me, I shall eat him in return. This, O Bharata, forms the character as Mamsah [meaning flesh] of Mamsah [me he, or “me he” will eat for having eaten him]. The destroyer is always slain. After him the eater meets with the same fate. 


Mahabharata, Anu.116.32-35





The Eternal Quest
The Fulfillment of All the Needs of All Beings by All Beings through Ethical Means


🔻🔺

No comments: